Mr Crumb is an Irish-based manufacturer of chilled and frozen breadcrumbs, stuffing, ready meals, party food, toppings, sauces and marinades. Its products are used and stocked by a wide range of brands, including supermarket chain, Morrisons.
We were tasked with finding the right packaging solution for two flavours of frozen panini produced by Mr Crumb for Morrisons.
The client required a new packaging system to improve on the box packaging used with the majority of its products. It was essential that the design:
- Remains intact during the packaging process, as the box packaging had a tendency to split
- Allow for efficient packaging
- Be suitable for both frozen products and cook-off in store
- Present the product in a way that appeals to customers
We recommended our HotRap™ packaging solution to Mr Crumb for a number of reasons, including:
- Compatibility with existing equipment – HotRap™ has been specifically designed to run down standard flow wrapping machines
- Streamlined packaging and preparation – it can go from being packed at manufacture, to cook-off in store, to point of sale, in one piece of packaging
- Increased customer satisfaction – the bespoke window options give maximum product visibility. This particular packaging is also ergonomically designed for ease of consumption on the go
Thanks to HotRap™, Mr Crumb panini goes from manufacture in Ireland to consumers across Morrisons’ UK stores in a single piece of packaging.