RAP Achieves Coveted “AA” BRC Global Standards Status
January 12, 2017
We always aim for the highest possible standards. So we’re therefore delighted to have been recognised by BRC Global Standards – the most recognised, independently audited standard for food packaging manufacture – with their top “AA” rating.
- Confirmation of RAP’s high standards of quality, safety and hygiene.
- Acknowledgement that we have the materials, premises and processes in place to maintain these standards.
Upgraded from our previous “A” ranking, our latest achievement is confirmation that our intelligent food packaging is produced with the highest hygiene and product safety standards, every time.
We’ve achieved “A” BRC status for a number of years, giving you assurance that our products were safe and suitable for use.
But we weren’t satisfied with that. We wanted you to know that no one is more committed to the highest standards of product safety and hygiene. So here’s how we went about changing things:
- Centralised records of material, product safety and test data, ensuring that all products meet the latest requirements and guidelines.
- Adapted our procedures and practices, including implementing a HACPP manual across all departments to ensure that everyone understands customer expectations.
- Carried out training for the whole team on expected hygiene standards.
- Implemented procedures at our storage and warehousing departments to ensure incoming and outgoing products are protected to minimise chances of contamination.
- Only buying raw materials from accredited suppliers.
- Daily audits by quality department and documented procedures for manufacturing department.
- Upgraded our premises and facilities.
Maintaining this rating in 2017 and beyond
We’re not taking anything for granted though. We’ve reached the highest possible standards, and we’re determined to maintain our “AA” status.
Every year, BRC carry out a detailed audit of our manufacturing facility, retained documents and all our staff, and – in order to keep our ranking – we’ll need to demonstrate that we’re complying with each of the six sections within the standard.
To do so, not only will our systems have to be up to scratch. We’ll have to have records in place to demonstrate that we’ll continue to maintain them.
That’s why we carry out internal audits of each department and the factory infrastructure. As a result, we’re continually monitoring and improving our processes and procedures.
3 Michelin stars for our products and team
John McDermott, Operations Director compares the accolade to a restaurant being awarded 3 Michelin stars: “It’s recognition that we’re delivering the highest quality products and it’s testament to our team of committed experts.
“This is a fantastic achievement and I would like to congratulate the whole team.”
In working towards the AA status, we’ve delivered:
- Improved product safety.
- Reduced production waste.
- The lowest ever number of complaints and returns.
We know it isn’t the done thing to be too self-congratulatory. But we enjoy being the best, and we’re determined to stay that way!
Our packaging has been recognised during 2016 with a number of industry accolades. Read about our success at the prestigious UK Packaging Awards here.Back to blog articles